4.13.2008

Volunteer Park Criterium and Summertime

Yesterday we had a record high and glorious sunny weather for the Volunteer Park Criterium. I had intentions of scoring a top-10 placing in this event, and was pretty well primed for it all race long. But, my crit skills are rusty. I spent way too much time working to the front, losing my position, and then working back to the front. But, I was "in there" the whole race, which appeared to have a significant amount of attrition by the end. It was a great time, even if I didn't manage a good result. I did have Bree and Emy providing an incredible cheering section. I looked forward to their yells on every lap.

As you can see below, post race, the sun was out, and the short-sleeve skinsuit was all that was required. Sorry, Bree didn't manage to get any action shots, so all I can offer is my backside.


At least I know my fitness is there for the start of track season - just three weeks away! The track bike has a too-long stem and a too-deep and too-reachy handlebar, so I sold some ice climbing gear to fund a new bar and stem. Once I get em, I will post a picture of the new steed.

Despite the great weather on the weekend, it looks like we're back to rain. Oh well, at least it is 50's and rain, instead of 30's or 40's and rain.

I promise I'll post some more "The Onion" articles this week - apparently they were well received. Actually, I think Bree and my mother in law have goaded me into creating a new blog, tentatively titled "The Shallot", or maybe "The Tuber", or possibly "The Scallion". Definitely not "The Leek"!

I will also announce the winner of my favorite comment on the Onion-eske headlines post.

No comments: