6.15.2008

OK, I probably won't win the Chariot Race

But I couldn't help including some stomps in my training regimen for the weekend. I felt so embarrassed by my standing start sprinting ability on Friday that I had to do something to improve in this area. So, today I did a two hour tempo ride (yesterday was a two hour hill interval ride) in some glorious sunshine and HEAT (finally). I spent the first hour at tempo running a HR of ~140-150 with a fairly high cadence. Then after I turned about to head home, I switched to the 53x14 and coasted until I was below 3 mph before I grunted out a sprint to 32+ mph. I rested two minutes between each of six of these. My knees definitely can tell I was putting out, but it felt good. Hopefully I can squeeze these in every week or two weeks to build up a little more explosive power.

No comments: