7.26.2005

As my wife, jitterbug, has done, I too have a movie oriented post, albeit with different themes.

Movies I should have walked out of, with the benefit of hindsight:

  1. Pulp Fiction - violence and gore cloaked in humor
  2. Natural Born Killers - violence and gore cloaked in artistic colors
  3. Forest Gump - just plain dumb
  4. Basic Instinct - ditto, with a crotch shot
  5. Saving Private Ryan - I can never see another war movie, but maybe I should be grateful?
  6. Thin Red Line (1998) - if I had seen ...Ryan first, I could have spared myself
  7. Fortress - for some reason, I am a sucker for Lambert, probably thanks to Highlander (1986)
  8. Highlander II, the Quickening - see above. I see there's Highlander: The Journey Continues in the works. Sheesh? Can there be only none?
  9. Pet Sematary - at least I read the book first. The only redeeming scene is the sliced achilles, which will haunt me forever.
  10. Indecent Proposal - Robert Redford's only bad movie?

Movies I wish I could have seen on the big screen:
  1. The Shining - I think I would have enjoyed an eight foot tall Jack face
  2. Buono, il brutto, il cattivo, Il, Per qualche dollaro in piĆ¹, Per un pugno di dollari - do I have to explain? did I test your Spanish?
  3. Blade Runner - the best sci-fi movie ever, and a great book adaptation
  4. Shichinin no samurai, aka The Seven Samurai - Mifune's character is pure genius
  5. The Thing (1982) - so creepy, I can only imagine it gets better with size
  6. The Exorcist - same as above
  7. Apocalypse Now - alas, my only big screen image of Brando is Island of Dr. Moreau, and I need to be cleansed
  8. Close Encounters of the Third Kind - those aliens would look much taller and brighter on a big screen
  9. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - most people don't know how much of a ...Grail lover I am

No comments: