7.31.2005

First, let me say that I wholeheartedly join my wife in her skepticism of the fluoridation of drinking water. I found the information at this link to be particularly striking. So, while I suspect that topical fluoride can be useful to prevent dental caries, it would appear that a dramatic decline in tooth decay does not correlate directly with fluoridation of drinking water, but rather people brushing their teeth, or at least a decline in sugary food consumption.

Anyway, my primary reason for this post is to complain to you the reader. Are you terrified your ideas and comments will sound stupid, inane, boring, ill-posed, poorly written, or perhaps fear them coming back to haunt you? Let me assure you that my blog is only visited by people who can not get you into trouble, and will not judge you on your grammar. Oh wait, actually, a lot of my friends and family have pet peeves with poor grammar and crummy sentence structure. But then, if those friends are reading my stuff, and then not commenting on it, how am I supposed to get better? And, I have friends and family who work for the governement (MN Dept of Health, US Department of Homeland Security, for example), but I am sure they won't turn you in without first consulting me.

Which means, if you want to stay on my good side. You should comment. Even if the comment is "this post sucks". I can handle the criticism, although I prefer it be constructive.

So, by all means, if reading my blog makes you think of something...comment on it! You only need to click the 0 comments link to make me happy. You can comment anonymously, which means no one will know who you are! I've gotten email from a couple of people who should really post a comment so that others may benefit from their wisdom.

While you are at it, comment on jitterbug's blog as well.

Thanks.
Love,
Fishdaddyo.

No comments: